Dash Boards

I'm thinking about fitting a TD5 dashboard instead of the original style one. The bottom sections look very similar to original as does the capping, its the bit in the middle that makes the difference. My main concern is the space for the wiring loom. I'm using a 300Tdi loom which goes through bulkhead in the central position compared to the TD5 using the oval appertures.

I've seen one comment on the forum saying its not as straight forward as you might think but can't find the thread again to chase it up. I understand the mods to be made to the wiring loom to move to the central switches and am not too worried.

Second thing is can I retro-fit an electronic speedo? where does it take its pick up from? and can I adjust the speedo to compensate for different wheel sizes - I need to be reasonably accurate to get throught the SVA test.

Anyone out there tried this and got any advice?

Ta

Rob

For the Td5 speedo do a search in this forum for 'wibbly wobbly speedo' everything you need to know about fitting a Td5 speedo is in it :D as for the dash any pre - Td5 dash part will fit. or go the complete swap & fit the whole Td5 dash unit. more here :D

Thanks for that - doesn't look too difficult - off to strip the dash out tomorrow morning.

Rob