vapour build

watson

well if you tweak the fuel pump and turbo on a 300 with an intercooler i heart you can get 150bhp

so lt77 on a 300tdi with 200tdi props to landrover axles running arb`s and ashcroft shafts and c.v.`s

what do people think about interco irok swampers or are simex`s better

watson

I get mine from Holland, nice bloke, doesnt mess people about.

if its a vapour build why limit it to a mish mash of rover parts? just curious :)

I'd second Super Swamper Tyres Europe. Nice chaps, very helpful and good prices. That's where I got mine. However, you need plenty of power and a very sorted drivetrain to get the best out of them. What do you plan using the truck for? I only ask as Boggers realistically make the car into a trailer queen. Simex are a lot better on road and still cut it as long as the sites not sand or bog.

I guess from the fact your using ep's front means that it won't be a comp car. They are good winches but too slow and the drum's too small.

Sounds like a good project - traybacks are sooooo last season ;):ph34r:

Simex are a lot better on road and still cut it as long as the sites not sand or bog.

Simex could be better on road but the boggers are acceptable. I disagree (sorry Will) about the "as long as its not sand or bog" comment, The boggers are better on rock, in the wood on tree roots and leafy mulch, when its hard packed, when its hard packed with a slippery layer on top, When its just soft mud, Pretty much all round really. Not as stable on high speed sections as a simex but everywhere else they win, hands down. Also THERE IS NO SIDE SLOPE ISSUE, I was worried about this when I bought them as people had spoken about it. I drive side slopes on my boggers that most people wont even attempt and they are brilliant, I have every confidence in them.

Simex could be better on road but the boggers are acceptable. I disagree (sorry Will) about the "as long as its not sand or bog" comment, The boggers are better on rock, in the wood on tree roots and leafy mulch, when its hard packed, when its hard packed with a slippery layer on top, When its just soft mud, Pretty much all round really. Not as stable on high speed sections as a simex but everywhere else they win, hands down. Also THERE IS NO SIDE SLOPE ISSUE, I was worried about this when I bought them as people had spoken about it. I drive side slopes on my boggers that most people wont even attempt and they are brilliant, I have every confidence in them.

Steve, you don't need to convince me of their merrits - I've got a set waiting to go on rims in the shed :lol: However, I've also got a set of Simex that I'll be using for marshalling duty and James events - the point I was trying to make is that as long as there's something solid for them to dig down to they're not a bad tyre. Its a differant matter if there's nothing solid down there until you hit the bottom of Austrailia :lol:

I'd second Super Swamper Tyres Europe. Nice chaps, very helpful and good prices. That's where I got mine. However, you need plenty of power and a very sorted drivetrain to get the best out of them. What do you plan using the truck for? I only ask as Boggers realistically make the car into a trailer queen. Simex are a lot better on road and still cut it as long as the sites not sand or bog.

I guess from the fact your using ep's front means that it won't be a comp car. They are good winches but too slow and the drum's too small.

Sounds like a good project - traybacks are sooooo last season ;):ph34r:

it will be a comp car

the only reason i thought e.p.9 on the front is because you can buy to e.p.9 for the price of an 8274

my plan was to buyild up a fully gigglepinned 8274 as and when i have the money

watson

steve what ratio diffs do you use wityh the boggers

and are you useing the 38.5 boggers

thankyou watson

Im using 4.11-1 diff,s Gearing is pretty good. Im not sure what size they are, They were new but markings were missing when I got them. They are a 16 inch rim, Measure about 13 1/2 inchs wide on a 10 inch rim and stand slightly smaller than a 35 inch fedima (only just) but bigger than a 35 inch simex. So from that your guess is as good as mine.

it will be a comp car

the only reason i thought e.p.9 on the front is because you can buy to e.p.9 for the price of an 8274

my plan was to buyild up a fully gigglepinned 8274 as and when i have the money

watson

IMHO, get second hand 8274's at both ends or, if you feel like bucking the trend, try an 8074. These are the earlier versions of the 8274 and are basically the same size, better built (bearings everywhere, better gearbox design) and are cheap (my last one cost me about £100). The only problem is there are no off the shelf mods and parts aren't available. I'm using one for my rear winch (I'm just painting it ready for final assembly) but it owes me less than £900 for the purchase, a complete overhaul with all new bearings, a custom made 12" wide, 2" daimeter drum, 7.8hp motor, 125 ft of 11mm purple string, Warn contactors. I've made a few other mods to improve it while I was at it. This will be my rear winch although it would make a really nice front winch.

I'm not knocking the ep as it is a good winch for general recovery and would be fine on the back. However, I'd put money on you changing at least the front ep after the 1st event you do.

Steve, I just need to hope I get mine finished before the fashion changes again. :ph34r: