300tdi central locking odd behaviour

1996 300tdi 5 door (basic model).

Sometimes when I lock it with the fob, the buttons go down and then come up about 2 seconds later. This doesn't happen all the time, just occasionally or every time for a day or two, then goes back to normal (whatever that is for a Disco).

If I press the plipper button twice, it stays locked.

Is this another spider issue or something else?

My Passenger door used to do that but only that door did it, I fixed it by pulling the push/pull button bit on the door up and down about 20 times in a row quite rigorously. That was about 3 months ago and it hasn't done it again since

It is usually caused by the solenoid unit in the drivers door. I don't know exactly what causes it - sticking internally - but changing it usually fixes the problem. It is because the thing doesn't close properly so the "open" switch operates as it pops back up a bit, and triggers the central locking to re-open the doors.

The drivers door solenoid unit indirectly controls all the others in a 300Tdi.

Seriously try just pulling the button up and push it back down hard a good few times, it's exactly what happened with my passenger door and since doing that it's been fine since. Mine also sat slightly higher and to be honest it still is slightly higher but not as much

I repaired a 300TDi Disco about a month ago that was doing the same thing, but on all the doors. It was the master solenoid in the drivers door that was faulty. £96 for a new one though.

Les.

All the doors unlock simultaneously when it happens!

For £96, I'll be pressing the button twice or else down the breakers yard!

Is the 200tdi the same? If so I know where there is one being broken near where I live.