Head lights - how to set them right?

During the last technical control - they did not like the state of my head lights.

No problem I set - bought a nice set of the sealed ones and put them in.

I was stupid enough to undo the level screws as well, so the question is how to level the light again?

There should be some way like that:

If the center of the light is say 50 cm above the ground, than the light beam horison 2 meters from the car should be "what" ?

Sure, I can go to the garage and ask them to level the lights for me. But here in Belgium, if you ask garage to empty the ashtray, they'll keep the car for 3 days. Than you get an invoice for 2 days of work, a new ashtray, and a request to come back because the new ashtray does not fit properly.

Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks,

Tomas

Thanks Gromit,

That is the kind of procedure I was looking for. !

Not easy to interpret though as part of the page scan is cut off, but my understanding is that:

The top of the light central point should be 14 Cm above the beam horison 76 Cm from the car like this?:

post-3162-1207141301_thumb.jpg