Who would you call a Real Legend?

I'd include the WW1 soldiers as they also had conscription and many didn't really want to go.

For random people I'd put on a pedestal I have a friend (who just happens to be an Uma Thurman lookalike but that doesn't come into it) who would also be on my honours list for being supportive and believing in me, being the most intelligent person I know, being an inspiration towards hard work and self confidence and being my mentor. She is an all round amazing person.

Going to elaborate on these choices?

Jez - his ability to avoid buying a round is legend as is his attitude to life

Pete Rowe - One of the two greatest compers this country has ever seen, nice bloke, brilliant mechanic and someone I hugely admire

Shelby - Just a genius, one of the Gods of Motorsport

Gengis Khan - a genius

Parmenion - greatest tactician the world has ever seen and the man responsible for the concept of the modern military

Miamoto Musashi - Poet, Artist, Writer, lethal killer, tactician

All the blokes on the First Overland trip - truly British chaps from a time when this country was still Great

Obersturmfuhrer Trembath - possibly the most forward thinking organiser in the British Challenge scene, James has overcome his many handicaps (short, ugly and a carp driver) to build the foundation of a truly workable series of events and competitions. Despite having many of his ideas copied, sites overused and name abused, he gets on and does the job. If James ever stagnates then I think the sun will rise in the West.

Will Bowden - Possible the best off roader it has ever been my pleasure to meet.

Pat Willis - One of the greatest compers to have got behind a wheel, but down to earth and living in the real world

Matt Neale - No sacrifice is too great, he will bend over backwards to help in just about any situation, whatever the weather and he rarely stops smiling. If more people were like Matt Neale the world would be a far better place.

I'd be tempted to also add a kid called Natts who Chris Acock named his Scammell Explorer after. Natts had a debilitating and life threatening illness and no matter what happened to him he never gave up trying, never made a fuss and just kept going. That is why Chris called his Scammell 'Natts'.