Freelander Cooling System

Erol

Dear Members,

I have a 2002, 6 cylinder 2.5 lt petrol engine on my Freelander,

Recently I have noticed a minor pressure build up in the header tank and the water level is unsteady.

can this be a Cylinder gasket problem?

There is no water in Oil engine runs perfectly and the temperature is normal.

Please advice.

Pressure in the cooling system is normal; coolant level fluctuation is also normal, as long as it stays between Min and Max levels. Keep an eye on: coolant level, the general aspect of both coolant and oil and engine temp.

Dear Viorelluta:

Engine temperature is has has always been normal, I have no problem with that. The problem is that the cooland level rises up to the top of the header tank when engine is running, when the engine is stopped the level comes down to minI try to keep the level slight below the minimum as otherwise will over flow.

Please advice

best regards

Erol

Dear Viorelluta:

Engine temperature is has has always been normal, I have no problem with that. The problem is that the cooland level rises up to the top of the header tank when engine is running, when the engine is stopped the level comes down to minI try to keep the level slight below the minimum as otherwise will over flow.

Please advice

best regards

Erol

I can only guess you need to eliminate the air it might be in the cooling circuit...

Get the system compression tested if that doesnt show much the try the engine compression test for any head gasket problems. the oil and water don't necessarily always mix.

May seam extreme but at least you will knock out one major component and can start checking other areas

Get the system compression tested if that doesnt show much the try the engine compression test for any head gasket problems. the oil and water don't necessarily always mix.

May seam extreme but at least you will knock out one major component and can start checking other areas

Well, Ihave replaced the thermostat it cost me 704 Euro's.

The problem seems to be solved , I have npo pressure build up in the header tank.

Thanks for all the advices

Regards

Erol.

I hope it was 70 Euros, not 704 !!!

No , the thermostat was 40 euros, I have replaced 6 sparking plugs, Oli and Air filters, water hoses and oil breather lines,

with the labour charges all came to 704 Euros.