Antiburst locks in series doors

Scotian

Hi guys. I've got the early type wind up window doors with lift up handel on the out side and modern plastic handle in the top corner of the door on the inside. I know there are obvious reasons why they wont fit, but will I in some way (just to get me by) be able to fit the locks from them to the door pictured below?

I guess I will probably have to open the door from the inside with a stick of metal, but will the main lock fit in some how with some modifications?

I dont have the doors yet to have a look my self so just want to plan ahead.

Cheers

post-7320-1207592674_thumb.jpg

You can get anti burst door locks to fit that door. I had them on my 1980 S3 Safari. I think it would be a straight swap. The little locking lever on the iside is also neater then the big silver twist lock you have there.

Looking in my 1980 Optional Parts catalogue

395037 OS front and back door

395038 NS front door

395294 OS catch and rear catch

395295 NS catch

You may beed shims as well but those can be made from bits of ali plate with slots in for the bolts.

Not sure why this thread was moved into the series forum since Its pretty unlikley that you guys have had to try and put your defender door lock onto a series door. but hey. anyone know if it will fit, with some bodging and imagination..

Anti burst door locks were standard on Military versions of series vehicles. Plus later in the production line of series 3, they became standard. ( thats what I would think, is why this thread was moved here)

I installed anti burst locks two years ago, they are easy peasy to install, but remember to have the drill handy to drill out the outer skin for the key barrel.

I could upload a picture if you want..........

Todd.

I'm not trying to install normal antiburst locks, i'm wanting to use locks from my lift up handle 1985 90 doors. they are the type with the handle on the inside at the front of the door rather than the handle on the lock down at your hip.

I know what kind of locks are ment to go on and where to get them from but just now I need to fit a lock that is totally not ment to fit. I'd just like to know if anyone has tried fitting my type of lock to a series 3 door??

By the way. one of the doors is the newer type with the whole for the lock and the other is as pictured (with the really old type. I understand I need to drill a hole for the lock barrel for any of the anti burst lock.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or am I not explaining the problem correctly?

I'm not trying to install normal antiburst locks, i'm wanting to use locks from my lift up handle 1985 90 doors. they are the type with the handle on the inside at the front of the door rather than the handle on the lock down at your hip.

Change the entire door, as the door handle parts are located on a frame thats welded to the door. If you wanted, of course you can go through the efford, but why bother when the complete door can be purchased quicker and most likely cheaper.

........Now I finally got what your trying to say....... ;-)

Todd.

i understand what u're tryin to achieve. i dont know how easy it would be but i'm guessing it would be easy enough to make fit, however i dont know.

i just fitted early 90 lift up handle doors to my series.

lol. The Series 3 doors are what I;ve just finally got hold of. My Normal wind up windows doors are falling off. I (for various reasons) cant get the normal type of antiburst locks (which I will do in a couple of months) and have to fit my current door locks in the mean time.

Also my current door has the window fixed in the up position as the whole insides are falling apart. I cant go around in the heat here without being able to open as many windows as possible. So I just want to get these series doors (when they arrive) on as soon as possible, hence the bodge with my current door locks.