Greenaway Anaconda Tyres

s2hotdog

I had a set of these Anacondas , a few years back , I found them pretty good for the money ,IIRC about 42 quid a corner , They were excellent in the mud , no issues with side slopes ,mind you I didnt get to drive many sideslopes greenlaning . They were not very hardwearing on the tarmac but good value for money .

No issues with insurance , as they were a direct sized replacement and they are load and speed rated (59mph IIRC)

Ive been using these tyres for a couple of years or so and been impressed in thier off road abilities :D and would reccomend

I've mainly used them in RTV's with no probs and just started winch challenges

They are starting to get warn but thier road handling is not to bad for what they are

With regards to the speed rating - I remeber talking to the supplier - he said no probs

Steve

Pikey has a set of anacondas on his disco and they grip very well, Cant beat them for the money. I cant comment on what they are like on side slopes coz ive never seen him drive one but I run boggers on the 90 and there is absolutely NO ISSUE WITH SIDE SLOPES contrary to popular belief, infact they are an awesome tyre all round. If on a budget the anaconda is a tyre that will take some beating.

The Macho has also been mentioned, It is a slightly less aggressive tyre and probably wont quite match the anaconda in the mud but is pretty good and aint bad on the road. It must be one of the best budget all round tyres I have ever used.

• 1 year later...
Anybody tried these...............thinking of getting a set for my 90 I'm intending to do RTV's and playdays don't think I'm quite up to winch challenges

Not to bothered about the road handling as its not my daily drive

So anybody got any opinons

Cheers

Steve

hi steve thay are a good all round tyer on the road thay are ok but not so good in the wet off road sorted.

carl.

You MUST be careful about speed rating of the tyre.

If (and let's hope you never are) you were involved in a serious/fatal RTA then your truck WOULD be siezed as evidence.

If your tyre was not speed rated above the maximum theoretical speed of your vehicle (and they use Land Rover's figures, not yours even thoug you've got different R&Ps and a lower transfer box, the vehicle inspector might well point the finger of blame at your tyres (and therefore you) as being a contributory factor of the TA. This may well in turn earn you a prosecution for death-by-dangerous or something equally nasty.

All in the search for saving a few quid on a tyre for your landy.

Spend a bit more money and aget a properly rated tyre.

Si

Surely that makes it virtually impossible to put mud (or even off-road biased all terrain) tyres on most land rovers? Even my Discovery Tdi has a manufacturers quoted top speed of 95mph! IIRC a V8 Range Rover classic is 115mph (if you're very brave... :ph34r: ).

I've borrowed an L322 V8 Range Rover prepped by LRs own special Special Vehicles division which was fitted with mud tyres speed rated for about 80mph - I'm not sure what the vehicle was capable of, but it was a lot more than that. Are you saying it was illegal?

Worrying, because although I normally run BFG ATs on the Discovery I fit Rangemasters for laning, and they're only rated for around 80mph :unsure: