Yorshire Dales Lane closures

Kev Baldwin

This particular lane would be very vulnerable to huge damage if used through a winter where it crosses th eopen fell as it is totally peat, so I personally think a 4x4 TRO is applicable, especially as the ascent from Barth bridge ends up as being just RR width I tried it up to the farm today it's very very tight. But with a quad/ trail bike it would be no bother and would be quite usable with no damage today as it hasn't rained here for 6 weeks !

My objection is that my understanding of the TRO process as set out by YDNP states that the lane should have the proposal signed at each end just like a planning application a statement in a plastic envelope would suffice, but they haven't done that so surely it negates the process and they have to start again ?

You can legally implement a TRO and not have the signs/lines inplace, it's just not enforceable until you do.

;)

(although its not really encouraged or good practise)

I think that what ChrisV8 is asking Jen is, can the TRO be made without there being a notice placed at the end of the lane prior to the making of the order in order that users, residents etc can view the proposed TRO and object in advance of the order being made. It seems rather unfair that a TRO could be brought in without giving this opportunity for response from users if, perhaps like me, they do not read the papers..

Chris

Public Consultation (advert in the press, notices on the roads the TRO will affect)

;):lol:

You need to place (legally) at least 1 notice on the highway it would affect. That notice needs to be maintained for the 21 day public consultation period. It's good practise however to place lots of notices on the road as they usually are just A4 laminated paper and, to be honest, you don't want people missing them.

Well they haven't placed any notices anywhere on these roads and the Public Consultation period has now expired, I have voiced my complaint to the trails guy, but I also know the Vice Chair of the Authroity quite well so will be informing him of the disquiet at the way his delegated team appear to be operating. Might be a case for an Ombudsman being consulted ??

Thanks for the info jen, have now passed all of the info over to the GLASS legal guys and to the TRF guys locally as my contact there is well known for his knowledge of these issues. No doubt by now Geoff Wilson from LARA will have them as well , now he resigned from the Committee in protest at the undemocratic way the first lot were imposed and passed on the nod with no debate, so he might be very interested in failure to adhere to the YDNP published procedure !

• 2 weeks later...

Right Mr B take this :lol::lol:

Sent: 01 July 2008 16:52

To: Davis Ian; Beardmore Peter; King Alan; Green Don; Kempster Tony; Green Duncan; Stevens Tim; Tilbury Dave; Gerrard Andy; Waterer Tom; Wilson Geoff; Hodder Chris; Troughear Bill; Freak Keith; Morriss Charlie; Giles Dave

Cc: Brocklehurst Andrew; Monk Stuart; Loney Dave

Subject: YDNPA TROs - the challenge is made

Tuesday 16:45

Gents,

The solicitor has confirmed that the papers for the application to the High Court have today been lodged with the court, and postal-served on YDNPA and NYCC. I may need to back this up with an additional hand delivery tomorrow.

The matter is therefore 'official' and potentially in the public domain, but I would be very careful about how the case is represented on websites, or to the media. Factual statements are OK.

We have to 'go public' to a degree for the LARA Fighting Fund. We can now activate a new donations page. I have M/C photos, but no 4x4 photos as yet.

I will pen a 'typical statement' about the challenge and circulate tonight or tomorrow, trips to Yorkshire permitting.

Regards

ADK

Alan Kind

Motor Sport & Planning Officer

LARA

e-mail: laragb@mac.com

Alan Kind is at this moment trying to put the necessary paper work together – and still has NO 4 x 4 photos

Can you help? His e mail address is above and the LARA phone No is 0191 263 4086

All contibutions to the LARA fighting fund please, very important now we have to stop this lot now.

• 2 weeks later...

There has only ever been one pro green laning Act of Parliament (1981 Countryside Act) which was introduced by the Conservative government.

The 1949 Act, the 1968 Act and the infamous 2006 Countryside Acts were all Labour government laws heavily influenced by their friends the Ramblers Association. The RA are presumably now very pleased with their Labour Party connections.

I wonder; how many of you green laners have voted for the the errosion of our rights yourselves?

Guest noggy

well said mag!

Ive read this thread, and all these lanes are some of the closest lanes to me, and i will never be able to drive them :(

i think im going to start banning people walked on the footpaths across our land, because theyre scaring out cattle and making the fields muddy!