ved on 110 utility

No, Steve, actually it depends on when the vehicle was first registered - see here - http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Ownin...cle/DG_10012524

And if it is a newer vehicle then the fact that it is a utility (post March 2001 'light goods vehicle') doesn't get you to cheap tax unless you use it commercially. So a van for private use attracts the higher charge.

...if it is a newer vehicle then the fact that it is a utility ... doesn't get you to cheap tax unless you use it commercially. So a van for private use attracts the higher charge.

As far as I can tell if the 'utility' is the LWB CSW but with solid rear panels instead of the rear windows then if used commercially it comes into the low bracket. I've discussed this with DVLA directly. Apparently it isn't for the manufacturers to decide what tax their vehicles will be liable for but how their customers use those which might qualify for commercial use. So irrespective of how Land Rover spec a 'utility' (or hardtop or van or whatever) they will be taxed in the higher bracket if they aren't used commercially. So now I sound like an anorak :-( .

(And I guess that from DVLA's perspective this makes sense. They develop a policy on the basis that 'station wagons' never qualify for lower tax and 'commercial configuration' vehicles can but to make sure the punters don't start buying them instead or converting them they say 'but you have to use them commercially or else pay more'. Heads they win, tails we lose.)

(edit for reading properly!!!)