Dartmoor, Exmoor

V8 Freak

Mrs Freak looking at getaway destinations for the future school holidays etc.

Was wondering if I should be convincing her to let us go in the 110 if there are some "gentle" lanes for us to explore in either location, Exmoore / Dartmoor... I say gentle because there will be 5 of us in the 110 the way she is planning and we will be travelling alone.

Any suggestions welcome... Tony, James.... Beware.. We may be passing by ! :)

Neil

Guest WALFY

Very little on Exmoor. Could chose your route carefully and take in some nice fords. Tarr Steps and another in Washford, both worth it if you are passing that way

There is very little now on either , Exmoor used to be host to some of the best lanes I have ever driven , Kersham was a cracker and Bury corner , Unfortunatly all the do gooders in this free country have put a stop to us driving them now .

But as mark says Tarr Steps is quality when we have had a load of rain .

There are a few (a handful at best) in the Dartmoor National Park……………plenty right on the edge of the DNP …………….

Very few BOAT’s in Devon…………. most are UCR’s (probably 90%) ……………….

I could easily find a weeks worth of lanes all within 30 minutes drive from my location………………..

Most of the ‘Byways’ on Exmoor were lost as they were mostly RUPP’s …………..

:)

Ian

Guest WALFY
There is very little now on either , Exmoor used to be host to some of the best lanes I have ever driven , Kersham was a cracker and Bury corner , Unfortunatly all the do gooders in this free country have put a stop to us driving them now .

But as mark says Tarr Steps is quality when we have had a load of rain .

I was up Kersham Lane the other day. It's getting a little bit interesting just before the corner where the hole was. Was a little rough under foot, prob just getting interesting if you were to drive it now. Next year I would imagine it will be interesting again but not as good as it was in it's hey day

UCR's would be fine.. Like I say, nothing to much as we will be 5 up +dog and only my Son has ever been with me when we've done anything remotely off-road.. The others will be looking forward to "nice views"...