Borg Warner Auto / Manual

Matt B

Before you part with the hard earned just check that the viscous is not seized, take two big bars with you, jam one across the prop bolts on one end and try and turn the other end with t'other bar, you should be able to move it with some difficulty. If it won't move it's seized if it moves easily it's knackered !

Why do I say this ? Have bought two untried one was alright t'other seized well. Ashcrofts want £250.00 for a new viscous unit alone !

You live and learn !

Might add the two boxes were a bargain anyway so not too fussed that one needs parts !

Before you part with the hard earned just check that the viscous is not seized, take two big bars with you, jam one across the prop bolts on one end and try and turn the other end with t'other bar, you should be able to move it with some difficulty. If it won't move it's seized if it moves easily it's knackered !

Why do I say this ? Have bought two untried one was alright t'other seized well. Ashcrofts want £250.00 for a new viscous unit alone !

You live and learn !

Might add the two boxes were a bargain anyway so not too fussed that one needs parts !

Thanks I'll bear that in mind! :)

I had a look there but wasn't sure what it meant... that there are two for the rrc one for the 3.5 and one for the 3.9 or that there are two one for the auto and one for the manual?

I had a look there but wasn't sure what it meant... that there are two for the rrc one for the 3.5 and one for the 3.9 or that there are two one for the auto and one for the manual?

Classic: One for the 3.5, the other for the 3.9, difference being the temp gauge.

38a: One for manual, one for auto.

Cheers

Carsten ;-)