Calling any Kiwis

Hi,

After having received a very good job offer we are looking to emigtate from France to NZ later this year. I am currently contemplating taking my Td5 Disco with me and although its a LHD, it is a good car and would be easy to shove in a container for the journey. Does anyone know if it is a complicated issue to import a car to NZ or any likely issues?

Thanks

Ged

Hi Ged ,

I think there may be issues with LHD, will be talking to my bro who is over there on the South Island with his wife at the weekend so may be able to find out more. They have just got residency after 6 months of forms/med. tests etc ...

Otherwise for vehicle import Clean is the main issue along with documentation.

Chris reckons Disco's don't seem to be valued over there so having a look on Trademe.co.nz would be worth 10mins to check prices....

Is your job offer North or South?

..Tis a lovely country , I done a 3 month road trip N & S in '99 , my favourite was South Island , but not much to choose really. The only drawback is the obvious remote position for travel elsewhere...

Cheers

Steveb