Link to VIN....

BrettPritt

I don't think there is an online site that gives the first owner.

The UK DVLA will give basic colour, BUT it isn't searchable by VIN, only by UK Registration Number.

However you can apply to them for the records they hold against that Registration Number, which of course gives you the first Customer. Be aware that these aren't guaranteed 100% accurate, as they are dependant on people giving accurate information to the registration authorities at the time, and on clerical errors when the handwriting was being deciphered.

You do need to specify a reason for the data, but they are noticably lax. Just 'thinking of buying ...' seems to do, and 'I've just bought ...' certainly does.

"... complete VIN-Information with nearly the complete datasheet of a model, basic color, first dealer, etc. etc."

Seems most likely to be 'Gaydon' (BMIHT - British Motor Industry Heritage trust), but while you can apply online, the data is not available like that, you have to pay.

Hope That Helps.

Through work I have instant access to the full DVLA records searchable by VRM, but it doesn't give that much detail.

The Land Rover Microcat gives quite a lot of detail from the VIN. I think that's the most I have seen. You can download that from all over the web, don't think it's quite legit though.