Splines.......

Think I've decided on this wheel......

http://www.johncraddockltd.co.uk/product_s...=4&page=acc

Went to order it today, and the sales chap asked me how many splines the shaft had?

For a 1989 110, would that be standard? He mumbled summat about 36 or 48 splines and 16mm or 19mm.......

And of course the truck is still in the body shop, so I cant get to it.....

Were the models in 1989 all the same (spline-wise)?

(Those of you who are wondering if I have the first clue what I'm talking about may have sussed the situation.......)........

Well some time ago I posted also a question on aftermarket steering wheels and Kevin Baldwin pointed me in the rigt direction on a BM Boss (gave even the partnumber!) and advised on Momo.

Now I have bought that boss for my 85 90, which is indeed a std 36 spline shaft.

Daft thing happened as I couldn' fit it!!

Reason was that the shaft is 18,7 mm in outer diameter and the boss has the correct number of splines, but has an inner diamter of 18,0 mm.

What shall I do: Trying to get the extra mm. out of inside of the boss with a drill or

Trying to gently rub the shaft with emery paper so to "thinnen" the shaft?

Any recommendations please?

Roel