engine mounts

nickm

Anyone know if theres an off the shelf engine mount that bolts to the

tdi engine and fits the v8 chassis mounts rather than cutting the chassis mounts off.

if not wheres the best place to get the tdi chassis mounts ?

cheers

Nick

Anyone know if theres an off the shelf engine mount that bolts to the

tdi engine and fits the v8 chassis mounts rather than cutting the chassis mounts off.

if not wheres the best place to get the tdi chassis mounts ?

cheers

Nick

Defender Tdi and V8 mounts are the same as far as I know. I've got V8 spec engine rubbers on my Tdi now - they are the same physical size, just a softer rubber compound - or have I misunderstood the question?!

Matt

I think we need to be clear which vehicle we are talking about here.

From first hand experience I can tell you that RR V8 chassis mounts are definately not the same as Discovery 200TDi chassis mounts.

I can also confirm that, other than Landrover598, I could not find any source of weld on engine mounts for the above.

For the first transplant I cut the mounts off the donor chassis. For the second transplant I shall be using DaveBUILT® items :)

I think we need to be clear which vehicle we are talking about here.

From first hand experience I can tell you that RR V8 chassis mounts are definately not the same as Discovery 200TDi chassis mounts.

I can also confirm that, other than Landrover598, I could not find any source of weld on engine mounts for the above.

For the first transplant I cut the mounts off the donor chassis. For the second transplant I shall be using DaveBUILT® items :)

I know the V8 ones are different to the tdi ones (I also cut them out of a tdi disco chassis to use)

theres a company that supply actual brackets that bolt to the engine on a isuzu diesel that sit on the V8

chassis mounts was trying to find somewhere that done a similar thing for the 200tdi rather than cutting the

chassis

any pics of these DaveBUILT ones ;)