Bullet connectors

they are colour coded, red to red and so on. they are supposed to be a little tight otherwise they wouldn't make a good contact with each other.

I believe the colour coding also represents the size of wire accepted into the connector/bullet. The original ones are all black to black. My problem is the bullet seems too large for the female. If I pull out an original bullet from a connector then try and insert a shop bought bullet its an awfull job getting it in, ok I can force them but I do wonder if there is a slight difference in size. If there is maybe I can get 'original' sized ones from somewhere.

I believe the colour coding also represents the size of wire accepted into the connector/bullet. The original ones are all black to black. My problem is the bullet seems too large for the female. If I pull out an original bullet from a connector then try and insert a shop bought bullet its an awfull job getting it in, ok I can force them but I do wonder if there is a slight difference in size. If there is maybe I can get 'original' sized ones from somewhere.

The bullets on your Land Rover are the Lucas 4.7mm type, the coloured pre-insulated type of bullet are either 4mm or 5mm and are not compatible with the Lucas type.

You can get compatible bullets (solder and crimp types), snap connectors and the correct crimping tools from here -

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-...ninsbullets.php

W.jpgBs2.jpgCb1.jpg

Ss.jpgDs.jpgTs.jpg

Paul.

Thanks for that Paul, it all becomes clear after comparing bullets at VWP. The only ones I could buy are the pre insulated ones hence slightly too large. VWP export so an order has just gone in. Don't you just hate those web sites, you go for one thing and end up ordering six !!

regards