Remote Cental Locking

DeanB

Hey,

Right i'm gunna pick your brains ! I have a Disco 300Tdi 1994 M Plate with a remote key fob that doesn't work :(

It has one button on it in like an oval shape, when pressed, it does flash red but nothing happens to the central locking.

I have tried the resetting procedure that it states in the manual of standing within range of the vehicle and pressing the button three times but still, Nothing, when i turn the key in the door the indicators flash three times so i take it this could be a factory immobiliser or something, when i go in through the passenger door the indicators start to flash but no sound and the ignition is dead.

Hope someone had the same and knows what the problem is. :blink:

Dean

Does your Dosco run or is it spinning but not starting, Ive seen a problem in the wiring loom on the inner wing (conections corroded, signs were that the loom was slightly swelled) but more likely just a faulty fob.

Does your Dosco run or is it spinning but not starting, Ive seen a problem in the wiring loom on the inner wing (conections corroded, signs were that the loom was slightly swelled) but more likely just a faulty fob.

When i activate the system by going it through the passenger door there is no lights or anything when i try to start it, just as though there is no battery on the car then, when i get out, lock the doors again and go in the drivers door, it starts fine.

By opening the passenger door you are triggering the alarm/immobiliser that is why it won't start - if it has been locked on the drivers door and then unlocked on the drivers door then it will be fine as you can do this on the early ones.

The remote or the receiver are not working properly - you could try reprogramming this or do you have a spare one?

I don't know if its the same as the 96 disco, but disconnect the battery first for about 15 mins then try the sychning of the fob by pressing it 4 times, if the same as the 96 then the hazards will flash 3 times and the doors will lock

By opening the passenger door you are triggering the alarm/immobiliser that is why it won't start - if it has been locked on the drivers door and then unlocked on the drivers door then it will be fine as you can do this on the early ones.

The remote or the receiver are not working properly - you could try reprogramming this or do you have a spare one?

Thanks for the reply.

I have two remotes and both seem to be the same and do nothing to the locking system

Dean

I don't know if its the same as the 96 disco, but disconnect the battery first for about 15 mins then try the sychning of the fob by pressing it 4 times, if the same as the 96 then the hazards will flash 3 times and the doors will lock

Thanks for the reply, i will give it a go, i'm up for anyhthing at the moment. Thanks

Dean

u've You have probably already done it but have u you changed the battery in the fob?? when they start to die they can do some strange stuff? just a thought as some times the really obvious is the last thing to be tried! i know i've done stuff like that!

Edited by BogMonster
Edited to remove "txt spk"!