Caliper upgrade to vented

Hi,

Hoping I havent messed up here, my E reg 90 had these calipers

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/DEFENDER/B...o_HA701009.html

and Ive bought these to upgrade to vented

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/DEFENDER/B...m_LA930456.html

Im hoping its a case of swapping the calipers and discs and job done? ie the offsets etc are all ok - probably should have checked before buying but I got a good deal on a pair.

Cheers

Ben

Guest diesel_jim
Hi,

Hoping I havent messed up here, my E reg 90 had these calipers

and Ive bought these to upgrade to vented

Im hoping its a case of swapping the calipers and discs and job done? ie the offsets etc are all ok - probably should have checked before buying but I got a good deal on a pair.

Cheers

Ben

Yup, will just swap over. you might pay to get some new caliper bolts whilst you're at it too.

actually, for what they cost, you might as welll buy 4 new wheel bearings and oil seals, that way the whole "front end" is overhauled. you're 9/10's of the way there to changing the wheel bearings once you've got the disk & hub assembly off.

Does anyone know if a drum to disc rear conversion is practical?

If its on a 90, with the rover axle, then just get an ex disco/rangie/later 90 rear axle and bolt it on. the end of the axle casings are quite different between drum and disk braked version, and there's no caliper mounting brackets on the drum braked jobbies.

If it's a 110 salisbury axle, then click here

Cool cheers guys,

Need to buy the discs now and then I can get on..

PS Im also looking at doing the drum to disc rear axle once the front is finished, plan is to use a Disco axle and use my 4 pin diff and 2 piece 24 spline halfshafts in it (its an ex mod 90) - does anyone have a definite answer as to whether this works as from reading on here there seems to be differences in the PCD of the flange on some axles/hubs and possible length differneces on the halfshafts between an 11 spline Disco shaft and the 90s ones (I think they are the shfts used in the V8 90s although mine was always diesel)

Cheers

Ben