110 axle change over

Hi Guys,

I'm in the process of installing an axle kindly donated by V8 freak, top guy.. It came out of his F reg 110, it has drum brakes..

It's going into a S reg 110.. just a few queries...??

The later disc braked 110 has two flexi brake hoses going to the brass Tee on top of the diff, the drum brake set up has one.

I plan to eventually change over all the rear disc brake set.

In the mean time can I run the drum brake set up... As it has abs will it affect anything by not having the rear loom connected...?

The older axle has 43/13 on a tag the later one had 345 (i think) would they be the same ratio's ?

And finally if you haven't fallen asleep... will all the rear disc brake set up transfer over to the older axle?

Oh and if anyone has followed my threads, the chassis is straight to within 2.5mm and the sailsbury axle is bent!!! amazed me..

cheers

DAve..

Guest diesel_jim

Yes, you can run with the drum braked setup, and yes, the disk braked bits will swap straight over.

you may find that your disk braked axle has the brackets for the calipers cast into the end of the axle tube, in which case when you swap all the bits over onto the drum braked one, you'll need to buy a couple of the caliper brackets. they're only about £20 each.

re: the ABS.... don;t know, it'll probably freak out.

Thanks for your reply Diesel Jim, are they just called rear caliper brackets or would there be a part number for them I can search for?

Any idea on the ratio's side of things...?

cheers

Dave..

Glad to see you are already planning the implant....

Since Diesel Jim was kind enough to lend the muscle and brains to install the axle I bought from him, if you need a hand (Even if it's only Tea boy..) and it happens to be a time Mrs Freak doesn't have plans for me, I may even be able to trip over and watch you work... :)

Drop me a note when you have made your plans....

Neil.

Thanks for your reply Diesel Jim, are they just called rear caliper brackets or would there be a part number for them I can search for?

Any idea on the ratio's side of things...?

cheers

Dave..

FTC3306 rear cailer bracket

Thanks Ralph, Jim, Yellow.. and Neil..

Axle is in and up (down) and running, abs light is on as is the traction control. I won't be driving far just needed to have it mobile... can I do any damage ignoring the lights...?

Also a daft question as it is probably obvious to the clever people.. being a nut and bolt man, I couldn't see what activates the rear diff locks.. no cables, wires or tubes etc...?

Thanks for the replies..

Dave..

Guest diesel_jim
Also a daft question as it is probably obvious to the clever people.. being a nut and bolt man, I couldn't see what activates the rear diff locks.. no cables, wires or tubes etc...?

AFAIK the "traction control" (as opposed to an actual difflock) is operated via the ABS system... so if you're sensors are disconnected then it ain't gonna work.