How do you take the wings off? Ok, I know how, it's the 4 bolts to the captive nuts in the door pillar that's got me stuck. I can't even see them. What's the trick? Do you get at them from above or below?

PS. This is post series but pre TDi so I don't have side vents to get access. At least I don't at the moment, but these wings are coming off one way or another........

Hi

stick your head in the wheelarch and look towards the bulkhead, you will probably need to remove the arches, if so, get some more plastic rivet things as you will never take them alive, the middle 2 bolts just need loosening as the wing is slotted to slide over them.

Mike

I used a 13mm socket attached to a 250mm extension bar attached to a 150mm extension bar attached to my trusty Bosch impact driver. I had to fiddle around blind a bit to get the socket on the bolt but once it was on I just pressed the trigger and hey presto - no scuffed knuckles and all the bolts were out.

• 2 weeks later...