Durability of NON LR Airsprings

Reng

I will be replacing the Airsprings on my Disco 2 in the near future. Are the Airsprings from suppliers shuch as Britpart and Bearmach as durable as the original LR / Contitech air springs. DOes nayone have experience with useing them.

All the ones we get seem to be the same make, just the boxes change colour.

Will they last though, the LR standard ones seem to fail at about 100K depending on abuse of course

To be honest, we don't change the air springs that much. If the spring fails it normally causes the pump to go south as it runs permanently. In that case we get Britpart Disco I rear springs and retaining plates and throw the air suspension away. The springs etc cost about the same as one air spring, and that's the end of the story.

Even in the UK with all your rules this is perfectly legal as many Discos were made like that.

Even in the UK with all your rules this is perfectly legal as many Discos were made like that.

only for a 5 seat vehicle all 7 seaters would have air suspension

Not sure whether the MOT folks are bright enough to pick up that the vehicle would possibly not have type approval with 7 seats and coil springs but I wouldn't risk it. Then again I wouldn't have a 7 seater either as the bins in the back are much more useful!

Quite right,Disco II's were never type approved as 7 seaters with coil springs,so before you change them you should square it with your insurance company.Before anyone shouts PC B---s--t, think again.I had to insure my wifes RR outside of my traders policy,when the broker asked if it had any mods to it I said no - except for factory lamp guards.They didnt think it was funny and went back to the underwriters before they would issue the policy.When it came back the guards were listed on the policy document ! Something to use as an excuse not to pay out is just what they are after.