Blown up 10 spline

RangeyRover

OK I know 10 spline is a waste of time.

But anyway that doesn't help me cos i already have them.

crosspin and spider gears broke on my RRC

Can they be bought seperately?

Is there any point?

Already got a spare diff fitted but would be nice to have a spare till I go 24 spline or salisbury

l Looked into this recently after getting through 3 of my available 4 diffs with this problem. Perfect diffs but with snapped pins and broken gears. You can buy a kit but it includes all the planetrys and the pins and is about £150. Used diffs are much cheaper. In the past we have successfully rebuilt these diffs using the shaft and gears from a seies diff that was lying round. This may be a cheaper option as no-one seems to value series diffs anymore.

Let us know if you find another way as I still have the broken diffs lying round...

Thanks Wilf,

But too far away I think, I'm in Derby.

Got all kinds of solutions whirring in my head.

Looking for a salisbury axle to be honest, as prob the strongest keeping it rover.

After that the world's your oyster.

RR

Ussually the pin fails and one or more of the spider gears cracks in half. Not sure if its cause and effect or which breaks first! If it were only the pin then it would be relatively easy to machine one out of suitable bar. The gears however are another thing and would have to be sourced (though they must be made in a gear factory somewhere and supplied to whoever makes the diffs!)

Hey Mark,

You had better get this issue sorted mate, as I am on my way up to you soon. Got dog sitter so definately coming and don't want to hear excuses that a diff is still broken!!!!!!!! Want a full weekend of mud and grime lol

Dave

Good news is the thing is 2wd now as I have fixed the back.

Orgasmic Farmer I got 2 whole carriers from Crown Diffs at Nottingham for £30

Steve is a good lad and is taking them out all the time to fit ARB's truetracs or detroit lockers for people.

Obviously they are 2nd hand, but £15 to be back on the road?

I bought 2 so that I now have a spare diff.

Only got the front to sort out now....

It'll be fixed for shottle, Dave don't worry.

(doesn't mean that we wont break another while we are there....)

:ph34r: