Weepy clutch

A while back i posted about oily drips under pedals and several suggestions received including one from western I think suggesting clutch slave cylinder. Anyway it never seemed to be frequent so confess I ignored it.

Today I looked in the clutch master cylinder and there is not a lot of fluid in it!!! I will top up since I have brake fluid to hand - what is easiest way to get it in since it looks a bit like a Houdini thing, but may not be as bad as I fear.

So it looks like clutch slave cylinder needs either replaced or seals replaced at the least. How big a job is this? Also how viable is it to simply keep topping up till I get time, or if it would be best in garage, can afford it?

Thanks

It would be better to replace both the master & slave cylinders.

The new cylinder has a habit of doing in the old seals on the remaining cylinder.

If you do both also replace the flexihose to the slave.

I always find them a pain to bleed fully :( .

Rod

Had the same problem on mine recently, the instructions from this site were excellent. I did master and slave cylinders at the same time the parts are cheap and you know that the whole lot is sound. Slave is a bit of an arse to get to though!!.

Thanks to Les Henson for his time spent producing the exellent instructions :D