Quick question - Intermotor 50035 fan switch wiring

Morning all :P I'm sat in Tapio's workshop watching the chaos time-efficient build and they need an answer to a question - does anyone have the pinout for an Intermotor 50035 fan switch? The terminals are in-line rather than in a circle like the normal ones.

All help appreciated!

Pin 1: High speed switch

Pin 2: Low speed switch

Pin 3: +12V

That's from an Audi workshop manual, which I am pretty sure uses this switch... (it cross-refers OK). It does use a thumping great relay as well, I guess you are?

Finding out how the switch works with a multimeter when all terminals are open circuit would be fun :rolleyes:

Hope that helps anyways Fridge...

Aologies if this seems a bit fraught, there's about 5 minutes to prep the truck, the sensor is fitted which makes testing a bit tricky and does not have any terminal markings, it has notches in the connector at one end but that's it.

There's no resistance between terminals. It's a switch, not a sender.

FridgeFreezer, start the engine and heat it up. Have someone keep an eye on the temp gauge (so it doesn't go over 110) and test the switch. Be prepared to directly connect the fans to battery +12V or by shorting the wire terminals together so you can lower the engine temp. You don't really need a multimeter this time, you can use the fans for this.

Or let them connect it no matter how and do the tests when you get home (or on your way home). The worst case scenario is one or both fans coming in at the higher temp spec. Tell them to leave the female terminals unplugged in the corresponding plastic holder (or take them out with a pointed tool or small screwdriver).

Usually, the pin numbering starts from the pin closer to the key but there's no guarantee on that.

Looking from the back of the switch, pimple upwards, the right hand terminal is #3... (refer to my previous post for the other pins)

I had to grovel around under my Audi to find this out, so I hope you are grateful :P

What about checking the resistance between the 3 pins?

1 of them will be connected to the other 2? (This would be the feed I'd have thought).

Sorry, was speaking out of context, I meant whilst it was in your (cipx2) suggestion of a cup of tea/hot air gun. :unsure: