I'd like to lift my 86 csw 110 by 2 inches. I have decided to use the spacer method. Mainly due to cost and to get an idea of what it will look like, hopefully down the road I will go to the proper suspension lift. Has anyone any advise they could share with me. Is there anyone on here who could make up what I need? I would need the parts sent to NI.

Thank's Mark

I'd like to lift my 86 csw 110 by 2 inches. I have decided to use the spacer method. Mainly due to cost and to get an idea of what it will look like, hopefully down the road I will go to the proper suspension lift. Has anyone any advise they could share with me. Is there anyone on here who could make up what I need? I would need the parts sent to NI.

Thank's Mark

I used the 2" lift packers from llama 4x4 . I just fitted the spacers, extended brake lines and 2" longer shocks. I've had this set up it on the 110 for nearly a year now and can't fault it on or off road. David's dead on to deal with (he posts on here too) and doesn't fleece for NI delivery. :D

Andrew.

PS: Good suspension summary here:Sus

We have had a spacer +2" kit on our Discovery for a couple of years and again couldn't fault it, all the benefits of standard suspension comfort and flexibility with the benefit of taller tyres.

Will :)

Anyone had problems with vibrations at speed? Or weeping diffs where the angle has caused the seals to leak?

I only ask beacause I was interested in doing this and I was put off by the local landy garage and a few things I read on here!

Cheers Ted

Anyone had problems with vibrations at speed? Or weeping diffs where the angle has caused the seals to leak?

I only ask beacause I was interested in doing this and I was put off by the local landy garage and a few things I read on here!

Cheers Ted

I've not had any problems with vibrations or leaking diffs. May be more of a issue with shorter props though.

Andrew.

Thanks for the advice guys. I think the spacers will do my job nicely. I suppose if your Rover gets driven every day and used to extrems off road it will mean more wear and tear with a suspension lift. Worth it to get more rubber on I think. :P

Thanks for the advice guys. I think the spacers will do my job nicely. I suppose if your Rover gets driven every day and used to extrems off road it will mean more wear and tear with a suspension lift. Worth it to get more rubber on I think. :P

Bushes get a bit more hammered, particularly the trailing arm chassis ones, this can be sorted if you go for cranked replacements, not essential though. Anti roll bar needs removed otherwise it is ridiculously tight, however I don't think your '86 vintage will have one so it's a moot point. Self centring is meant to be less sharp because of the change in castor angle but tbh I havn't noticed any difference :rolleyes:

If you're after bigger rubber Carryduff Tyres (in carryduff funnily) or Magowan in Mallusk do good deals on BFGs if you push them a bit.... B)

Andrew