chassis plate help much needed!!

Hi, i am in spain and i am trying to change my 1985 LR 90 turbo diesel on to spanish plates , the guy that checks the id plates to the car pointed out that i only have the vin/chassis/frame no . on my car and my logbook which is salldvac7aa230400, in order to change the car over i need a second set of numbers which may be the engine number??

what he did say is that it is just a number needed to describe the car TYPE only, and if i can get that number from someone with the similar vehicle thet number can be used, so does anyone have a similar vehicle to mine to help out or can shed any light on this matter as in tracking down this number , any help much appreciated!!.

Guest WALFY

The type approval number will be specific to each area of sales. ie you won't get a Defender type approval number for Canada as they were never sold there.

I would suspect you'd need to contact LR direct for this info

I have a 1985 90, where will I find this number?

Pete

Hi pete the number is supposed to be in the vin plate above the SALL chassis number which is located in the engine bay near the bulkhead on the drivers side, thanks!

Wade

Check with a Spanish Defender owner. The Type approval numbers are country specific so not many UK Defender owners would be able to help you out. I am sure Land Rover Spain would be able to though...

I have a Belgian Type number stamped into the Vin plate. I guess that was done after import, as the type number is a different 'font' as the SALL number.

Good luck

what he did say is that it is just a number needed to describe the car TYPE only, and if i can get that number from someone with the similar vehicle thet number can be used

When I registered my 110 in France, I had to write to LR in France for a "letter of conformity" or some such. This has the type approval number on it, which is country specific.

I had to pay LR France money for the privilege too :angry: