Heritage Land Rover Weekend, Gaydon

Ben_J85JTY

Hi All,

I am currently working for the events department of the Heritage Motor Centre in Gaydon, and am currently working on next years show.

What I would like to know is what you all would like to see there? What do you want to happen in the arena?

the show is for you guys so let us know what you would like to see there and we will try our best!

So far....

This years show is supported by Land Rover World, Land Rover Classic Parts and Home of the Legend

Dates are 29th April and 30th April 2006

Camping is available (with showers this year!) on Friday 28th, Sat 29th and Sun 30th for £15

BBQ available on Saturday night

Heritage Run organised by the ARC on Sunday from Lode Lane to the Heritage Motor Centre.

I will post more details as we finalise them but please, if you do have any comments let me know!

Edited by Ben_J85JTY

Hi All,

I am currently working for the events department of the Heritage Motor Centre in Gaydon, and am currently working on next years show.

What I would like to know is what you all would like to see there? What do you want to happen in the arena?

the show is for you guys so let us know what you would like to see there and we will try our best!

So far....

This years show is supported by Land Rover World, Land Rover Classic Parts and Home of the Legend

Dates are 29th April and 30th April 2006

Camping is available (with showers this year!) on Friday 28th, Sat 29th and Sun 30th for £15

BBQ available on Saturday night

Heritage Run organised by the ARC on Sunday from Lode Lane to the Heritage Motor Centre.

I will post more details as we finalise them but please, if you do have any comments let me know!

The twist off ramp in the arena is a must?????

Well call me picky, but I can't help noticing from previous events that there's far too many Land Rovers, and Land Rover - related events. Not one to complain, but is there something wrong with Metro's, Nova's, etc?

How do you expect owners of said vehicles to be able to park, powerslide, cruise, in such a small car park?

Perhaps you should consider putting those filthy Jeeps off to one side so we can join in as well?

Kevin :)

Well call me picky, but I can't help noticing from previous events that there's far too many Land Rovers, and Land Rover - related events. Not one to complain, but is there something wrong with Metro's, Nova's, etc?

How do you expect owners of said vehicles to be able to park, powerslide, cruise, in such a small car park?

Perhaps you should consider putting those filthy Jeeps off to one side so we can join in as well?

Kevin :)

Funny you should say that Les, The HMC site is for Land Rover and VIP parking only, anyone turning up in a Eurobox has to park next door and catch a shuttle bus in!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some more details of our event:

TIMINGS

Open for Clubs, campers and Trade to arrive - 1600 - 2300 Friday 28th, 0700 - 1130 Saturday 29th.

Open to public 1200 Sat 29th. close to public 1800

Open to public 0900 Sun 30th. Closes at 1700

Campers/clubs and trade close 1200 Monday 30th

COSTS

ON THE DAY

£8 Adult

£7 OAP

£6 Child (5-16)

£5 Land Rover Driver

IN ADVANCE

£6 Adult

£5 OAP/Child

Weekend Tickets TBC

CAMPING

£15 for 3 nights (Fri, Sat, Sun)

CLUBS

12 FREE Vehicle passes

18 FREE Weekend tickets

Space for your club stand or display + prize for best stand or display

Inter club competition running sat and sunday

TRADE

Traders are being booked through Land Rover Classic Parts, but pitch sizes are 4mx4m and are £25+VAT each. If there is enought interest we will be erecting a marquee for trade, pitch sizes being 3mx3m and costng £35+VAT

Hope this helps, but I am still looking for ideas for you as to what you want to see there!

I've been to the shows a few times and apart from the weather being bad, the only thing that restricts it in any way is the size of the venue. Last year there was an almost constant racket from the PA system - music and commentators talking for the sake of tonsil exercise, which was very annoying. More audience participation, such as the twist-off is always good entertainment. Club displays are a bit 'dotted around the site' - next to each other would be a lot better. The Series One and military displays have always been good in my opinion. The whole thing just wants tidying up really. Even so, I would always make a point of going if I can. A display of modified vehicles in one place would be very good. There's a huge interest in what you can do on a Land Rover.

Les. :)

I've been to the shows a few times and apart from the weather being bad, the only thing that restricts it in any way is the size of the venue. Last year there was an almost constant racket from the PA system - music and commentators talking for the sake of tonsil exercise, which was very annoying. More audience participation, such as the twist-off is always good entertainment. Club displays are a bit 'dotted around the site' - next to each other would be a lot better. The Series One and military displays have always been good in my opinion. The whole thing just wants tidying up really. Even so, I would always make a point of going if I can. A display of modified vehicles in one place would be very good. There's a huge interest in what you can do on a Land Rover.

Les. :)

Les,

Thank you,

I attended this show last year as a guest, it was my interview if you like, and I have to say I agree with your comments and will be working on the bitty (ohh) ness of the show.

Ben? please contact Bruce (Tombraider club) via Scorpion Racing, he has mentioned this years event.

He may want to have a club stand.

Regards

Mandy.

Mandy, I have emailed but have had no response.

Do you have the address of a club member for me to send a pck to?

I do have a little nit pick about the last couple of Heritage shows. I think the food and refreshments were dreadful. I realise there aren't many vegetarian Land Rover owners, but surely not everyone wants burger / sausage / fish and chips. Ok at Sodbury you expect and accept it, but not at an organised show.

So would it be possible to have a healthy (er) option van? I guess I could always bring my own :)

I do have a little nit pick about the last couple of Heritage shows. I think the food and refreshments were dreadful. I realise there aren't many vegetarian Land Rover owners, but surely not everyone wants burger / sausage / fish and chips. Ok at Sodbury you expect and accept it, but not at an organised show.

So would it be possible to have a healthy (er) option van? I guess I could always bring my own :)

Thanks Verdisco,

while its not to everyones tastes (or wallets) our cafe now does a range of healthier options during the day. Also, we are having some arts crafts food and drink stands in the main centre for those who may not wish to leer at the RR sport all day.

Last year we also had a italian wagon selling panini's and pasta salads, would thast sort of thing be of interest?

Last year we also had a italian wagon selling panini's and pasta salads, would thast sort of thing be of interest?

Damn - I missed that! :( I'll look out for it this time. I did try the cafe, maybe we were a bit late cos when we looked there wasn't much left!

Also, we are having some arts crafts food and drink stands in the main centre for those who may not wish to leer at the RR sport all day.

It's not so much the Sport, I want the Range Stormer concept vehicle. If that wasn't designed for female LR fans then nothing is. Will it be outside this year?

Damn - I missed that! :( I'll look out for it this time. I did try the cafe, maybe we were a bit late cos when we looked there wasn't much left!

It's not so much the Sport, I want the Range Stormer concept vehicle. If that wasn't designed for female LR fans then nothing is. Will it be outside this year?

The Italian guy wasn't there, my typo, he was at a few of the shows later in the year. :ph34r:

As for the stormer, I hope it is outside this year. I however am pressing to be the one to take the Tomb Raider out for a spin, Oh yes, she will be mine!

UPDATE

We have a Real Ale bar attending this year for the entire show, and have agreed with our catering manager to run a late bar.

There will be a pub quiz in the evening, just after the BBQ, which has a number of very worth while prizes!

Still looking for comments and Ideas....................................