wont start after doing clutch?

toady

well just got in, after a lot of pulling and chewing about, got the clutch in, and all squared away on my 300 tdi BUT, fired her up and off she went lovely, for a short while, then she lost power, and started to die, then cut out, so i thought she might be air locked, so bled her with no succes, nothing, so took the fuel filter off and it is empty, tried firing it over without the filter on and not a drop, or from any of the other couplings either. there are no pipes traped, or wires, and everything is connected that i can see............................. supposed to be taking her to a wedding in the morning, not looking good up to now :(

Check the lift pump is working by operating it by hand. If the lever is floppy - turn the engine 360deg and try again until you feel resistance on the lever. If it's working ok there should be quite a powerful squirt of fuel for every stroke of the lever. If the pump appears to be working ok, disconnect the tank pipe to the pump and blow down it with the filler cap off - you should be able to hear bubbles in the tank.

Les.

How did you do the clutch? Engine out or gearbox moved?

might be a pipe come adrift if the engine has been moved, possible, but unlikely if you did it via the box, but you do move the engine around a little, so perhaps a pipe fractured?