lrdirect.com

GBMUD

I have been trying to get hold of lrdirect.com as I need to buy a body panel off them. Sadly, they do not have a phone number on their website, just a contact form which they assure will be answered same day. Well not in my experience! Does anyone have a telephone number for them?

Failing that, any suggestions on where/how I might get an STC1855 - LH rear 'quarter' panel for a Defender before the weekend? ...for a reasonable price? lrdirect only want £28.67 and apparently have them in stock, others seem to want twice that but I cannot afford to buy online and then find that it does not turn up, I need assurances.

Thanks

Chris

Chris, does it have to be by the weekend? Im popping back down my garage on friday & they have all sorts of stuff lying around like that. They would probably not want much at all for it (if anything.)

Martin

It absolutely, positively, has to be fitted by Monday morning. :(

It does not have to be mail order if anyone knows of one within about an hours drive of Trowbridge.

Chris

Hi

Lrdirect is 2 miles from my house a couple of months ago they had problems due to a bad member of staff but have since sacked and replaced him, They are very good now and I use them a lot but If you are worred phone them 08454588849 and ask for Ralf top bloke. or I could bob in tomorrow afternoon get it for you and parcel force it for you?

Edited to say they are known as k motors also and will answer the phone number as k motors but are the same

Thanks for the offer Rob, thanks also for the phone number. I will give them a call in the morning and see if they can get it shipped for me in time for a Friday morning delivery... Much appreciated.

Chris

Thanks for the offer Rob, thanks also for the phone number. I will give them a call in the morning and see if they can get it shipped for me in time for a Friday morning delivery... Much appreciated.

Chris

If you don't get any joy, give me a bell ........................ if Brookwells have stock, then I will ask them to ship .................. they will match price for me on my account ;)

:)

Ian

Well I have never had a problem with them, But I allways ring up and collect, If an items out of stock it arrives the next day I get a call saying its there, and wether I want them to drop it round when the vans out or am I calling in for it.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys. I did wonder if 'In stock' was misleading in this case. I checked out Dave Vincent but he does not have stock either. Exeter4x4 have one at 42+ but getting it here may be difficult or expensive.

With supply being difficult within my time frame, I have haggled the garage doing the rest of the work down to a reasonable sum so the whole job will get done and the car will be back this time next week looking like a new one - on one side! Interestingly, the new panel will cost me £86+VAT from the main stealer whereas the bodyshop, who have quoted to use genuine panels claim to be getting one for £20odd +VAT, the same price as a cheap pattern one - I wonder if the NFU is being told the truth...

Cheers

Chris