Hi Cap Trailer

2572607099_c8b08d1959.jpg2573432562_289bf534e0.jpg

Saw this at Eastnor, anyone know how to do this? Looks like it might be based on a wide track Sankey trailer chassis. I would be quite tempted to do this with a regular defender tub to match my 90. Anyone done it. Google and forum search have no answers.

I'll post photo's later but I build one several years ago based on the back 1/2 of a 90 chassis and a shortened 110 HiCap body.

Just made an A frame and fitted a NATO hitch, sound easy when you say it quickly.....

Still going well and having the same track as the 90 tows very well on and off road.

Bob

That is definately a widetrack chassis - albeit with a defender rear x-member grafted on.

The original trailer tub is bolted on, so removal won't be too painful. It looks like a bit of simple knife and fork engineering to make up some mounting brackets for the high-cap tub would see a swap being quite straightforward.

Matt