Key fob re-programming

therealboss

What do you mean by "re programming" it should not need reprogramming only when new, or do you mean you need to replace one?

Programming a new fob requires a Testbook or similar, but if you are just changing the battery it shouldn't need anything

has to be done via the diagnostics computer.

it takes a couple of minutes, but they will need you car, all your keys and the two line barcode.

if possible do not go to a main stealer as they will charge you for the programming and the labour £55 ish.

find yourself a local independent.

i lost my key a month or so ago so had to go through this process.

the indy wouldnt even take beer money as he was too embarresed to charge for the short amount of time it takes to programme the key.

mat

Can anyone tell me if there is a sequence for re-programming a twin button remote for a 2001 TD5 discovery, or is it a job for the main stealer?

Hi I needed to replace a falling apart key fob for my 1999 Disco 1(two button remote) Main stealers wanted silly money for new fob and programming something like £100+ I bought the fob from an online company and they sent me a new fob and a programming unit that I plugged into the disgnostic plug which programmed the fob to my car.

Think it was about £35ish for the fob and a returnable deposit of £40 on the programming unit, it worked fine.

I cant remember the name of the company but it was something like remotesonline or similar and they had a phone number and were usefull on the phone to explain things.

firemannotsam

Hi I needed to replace a falling apart key fob for my 1999 Disco 1(two button remote) Main stealers wanted silly money for new fob and programming something like £100+ I bought the fob from an online company and they sent me a new fob and a programming unit that I plugged into the disgnostic plug which programmed the fob to my car.

Think it was about £35ish for the fob and a returnable deposit of £40 on the programming unit, it worked fine.

I cant remember the name of the company but it was something like remotesonline or similar and they had a phone number and were usefull on the phone to explain things.

firemannotsam

Used these guys: remotekey.co.uk cracking service. ;)