One flat keyfob and no spare

FridgeFreezer

OK, since I got my freebie I've only had one keyfob and the battery's been getting steadily flatter. I've read the manual that says you *should* be able to change the battery and re-sync by just pressing the button a few times without a problem, but if it fails... what can I do?

I don't have the special code for re-syncing the alarm and I don't have a spare fob. If it f**ks up, am I stuck with paying a main stealer to unlock my car?

• 2 months later...

A quick update - £75 and an hour's wait sipping free coffee on the leather sofa at the dealer and I am the proud owner of a new keyfob, programmed up, and also the EKA & Ignition codes that were so crucially missing from my paperwork. Should anyone do the same, they need the V5 as proof of ownership before they'll hand over the codes.

That was good value ! I charge £30+ Vat for the fob and £20+ Vat for the programming on Testbook - but I dont have a leather sofa.Few owners have a second key or even know what the EKA code is,and often get caught out.LP RR owners are the worst,they never read the handbook.

Glad you have sorted it,you will help keep the RAC/AA membership fee's down.

I visited a locksmiths in Birmingham today to get a second key fob programmed.

I got the fob off ebay and it cost £25 to reprogramme the fobs. The guy also gave me the key code. Only thing that confuses me is the fact it has a 0 in it.

How to you key turn a 0?

Regards

Paul

Are you sure it is not a 10?

e.g EKA of 31074 is not 3-1-0-7-4 but 3-10-7-4 -- just a thought...

As you say an EKA code should not have a 0 in it, never seen one anyway. Radio codes can though. Unless it is the key serial number, in which case that is possible, but I didn't think Freeloaders had key numbers.