Windscreen and Alpine Window Seals - Where From?

Anyone got any idea (other than rimmerbros/bearmach) where I can get the mentioned seals from?

Really struggling to find them and Bearmach want an arm and a leg for them. Rimmer Bros want £60 for the lot, non-genuine windscreen and genuine alpine seals but wanted to look around first.

I got a new front screen seal from my parts man for about £25 but that was about 3 or 4 years ago.

have you tried your LR main dealer to check their prices ?

front screen seal -- MUC3733

alpine light seal -- for 4mm thick glass use MWC4771 or for 5mm thick glass use 302177

filler strip 302178

Cheers western for the part no's.

A genuine LR windscreen seal is around the £70 mark, if it's going to perish like my current one has, I'd rather put in a £20 seal and replace it every 2 years rather than 4, hence why I was after an aftermarket place. Bearmach wanted £110 for the alpine seals and filler strips alone and they weren't sure if they had the right part no's.

Am I right in thinking that 4mm glass was used in all Defenders Alpine Windows after 1988 or something?

Think I'll just order then off Rimmer Bros or LRDirect.com... anyone had any problems with them? Cheers :)

This is a job I need to do on mine. The windscreen seal could be contributing to the puddle of water that seems to come from the bottom of the dash on the passenger side although I suspect somehow it's the heater. The rear door window seal should maybe get done first but I can see those screws holding the window in snapping.

Is there a how to anywhere on removing/re-fitting glass? edit I found it in the tech section

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=10250

pull the trim panel/mat down & look up into the top outer corner, if you can see rust then the cause is water running off the drip rail at the rear of the bonnet below the front screen, it falls through the gap between bonnet & wingtop & lands on that top cotner of the footwell on both sides, Had to repair mine last year.