single knock on cornering

Hi,

My vehicle has developed a single knocking noise on cornering. Right bend, "knock", left bend "knock". I've been inspecting BJ's, linkage and shocks but can not locate where it's coming from. Recently I've replaced the rear A-frame BJ but this noise is coming from the front of the vehicle. It's either suspension or steering related but as far as I can determine.

Track rod BJ's have been replaced last year.

Cheers

Marco

Are your front drive flanges worn?- mine did a single knock when turning left or right when one of mine was worn- the wear seemed to allow the half shafts to shift in/out slightly when turning.

Flanges are fine. Swivel bearings could be an option. As soon as it's dry (rain this side) I will run a check on those.

Hi,

My vehicle has developed a single knocking noise on cornering. Right bend, "knock", left bend "knock". I've been inspecting BJ's, linkage and shocks but can not locate where it's coming from. Recently I've replaced the rear A-frame BJ but this noise is coming from the front of the vehicle. It's either suspension or steering related but as far as I can determine.

Track rod BJ's have been replaced last year.

Cheers

Marco

Don't forget to check the obvious, like a loose bottle jack, battery or whatever, in the underseat tool or battery box!

Regards,

Diff

Flanges are fine. Swivel bearings could be an option. As soon as it's dry (rain this side) I will run a check on those.

Have a look at your radius arm bushes. I used to have polybushes fitted, and I too have a knock/clunk on cornering. I checked the nut was correctly tightened, but couldnt get rid of it. I then changed the radius arm bushes to genuines and the problem went away. Looking at the old bushes they were quite worn where the radius arm shaft goes through the bush.

Rich.

Have a look at your radius arm bushes. I used to have polybushes fitted, and I too have a knock/clunk on cornering. I checked the nut was correctly tightened, but couldnt get rid of it. I then changed the radius arm bushes to genuines and the problem went away. Looking at the old bushes they were quite worn where the radius arm shaft goes through the bush.

Rich.

Thanks. I did fit Paddocks Deflex bushes two years ago, 35.000+ KM. Will look at those as your description of the clunck/knock noise is very similar.