Oh please deliver me from Imbecile's

minivin

Picture this, nearly got the S3 109 finished after a total restoration, it had come out of the MoD with release paperwork to say that it's had a hard life in the Army, rolling around with the 36th Engineering Regiment, and that due to good behaviour (and an engine full of water that the company sold it didn't tell me) was being put out to pastores.

Now, to save money, the MoD never release these things with a Civilian registration, ah! stumbling block! won't be able to drive it on the road till it is registered.......

So I get onto the DVLA in about late September as it is nearly ready to be started and think about MoT, inspections et cetera for an age related number "no problem sir, we'll get the paperwork out to you ASAP". Now I should have known that that was the precurser to DOOM as after registering a classic motorcycle five years ago I spent a trip to Bournemouth, many phone calls to Swansea and Bournemouth, sending the paperwork three times to the two mentioned, and after two months finally got it registered within two days of a motorbike rally I was booked for :angry: .

Now, as we know, Tony Blarr has been very good with streamlining and cost-cutting within the departments and Agencies, after all he's privatised me and many others and made my pension worthless, he's a good chap, but neverless I thought maybe the DVLA had finally got their act together and all would be good.

A month past into late October, hmmmmmm...... I'll give them a shout as they may have forgot, "no problem sir, we'll get the paperwork out to you ASAP". My rear.......

End of November comes, not a happy floppy cuddly ruddly bunny rabbit is me, I've had the vehicle running and have lost interest finishing the final details as no paperwork means a bit of a dodgy drive for an MoT and no registration plates fitted (which I had to do on the classic bike, rear drive chain split link failed and I had to wait for a friend to drop off a split link, jacket over rear number plate location while I chatted to the local MoD Plod :rolleyes: ).

Another phone call, "oh yes sir, will get this out straight away". Now those of a supersticiuos stance will think, "yay!, third time lucky an' all that", me on the other hand thought much more rude and pain inflicting thoughts. But notherless, a pack turns up at the Begiunning of December :D The drink flows and I make the last dash-around to get the bits to finish the 109 off, I'll have it registered in the new year!!!!!!!.

A fortnight later, two extra packs turn up on the same day, "bless 'em, must have been a computer glitch or back-up of sorting requests". So I put those aside for future spares if I screw-up writting out the first one.

Yesterday, another turns up! "my word, what are they upto" or something like that. Anyhoo this morning the the postie turns up and I look down into his hands in dred, yup!, another.

DSCF1750.jpg

Anyone need a spare age related request form pack or two? :blink: