Newbie wheel question

Hi all, I'm still new to this world of never ending job lists so forgive me if this has been asked before.

Having spent the last weekend fitting a new towbar, rear exhaust and Mantec wheel carrier to the back of our 'new' 1996 300Tdi 90, I feel rather chuffed as I have no previous mechanical experience :lol: My question is will the wheel carrier take the weight of a 265/75 R16 tyre wrapped aroung a standard alloy? Its just that I would like a complete set of 5 tyres the same, so as to avoid having to put a smaller diameter spare on. Also, is it normal for the speedometer needle to 'wobble' a ittle or is this going to be another thing to add to my list of jobs?

I think that this forum is great by the way, and has already provided me with some very handy tips - so thank you all!

Simply Yes, a swing away wheel carrier will cope with nearly ever size tyre/wheel you could ever want to hang on it.

find the 'wibbly wobbly speedo' thread in this forum, maybe you need a new speedo cable to stop the needle getting the wibbles.

265/75/16 will go on fine without much fuss.

However larger tyres like 35" will still go on, but as they are larger, they hang lower and might get caught up when you do a V-gully. Hence you might either bend the carrier or the body panel. Solution, modify the carrier so that the tyre is higher. however, the higher you go, the less of the rear you can see. Well something has gotta give.