Washer bottle cap

The washer bottle cap in the engine compartment of my TD5 disintegrated recently. Similar to this it also happened on a 90 that I owned before. Has anybody experienced the same?

Although they are cheap to replace I am interested to know what the cause is ? Heat from the engine compartment or is it some chemical reaction to something that LR agents may be adding to the water during warrantee services ? :blink:

Cheers

Wikus

PS: I read somewhere in the tech arch that Nige referred to a castrol cap that serves as a replacement possibly ?

The screw cap from a bottle of Magnatec is what I used, probably what was in the tech archive too. Many 1L and 500ml bottles of oil etc. have similar caps, take a tape measure round your local motor factors, see if they can guess what you're doing :P

TD5s are FTD :D

Ahh Jim, but TD5's are technologically advaaaanced :i-m_so_happy: ..... and they are fitted to great vehicles :P

.......The screw cap from a bottle of Magnatec is what I used, probably what was in the tech archive too. Many 1L and 500ml bottles of oil etc. have similar caps, take a tape measure round your local motor factors, see if they can guess what you're doing

Thanks Nige .... I'll just get another OEM part and see if it happens again. I suspect the cause is to be found in something they added to the washer water during services. I am now maintaining it myself. ;)