Removing Anti Roll bar

and to add confusion to this - vehicles that DIDN'T have anti roll bars fitted quite often still had the brackets on the axles and chassis.

therefore it is impossible for an MOT tester to really know if the thing came with them fitted or not - unless he has the original bill of sale showing it was added as an optional extra - or a full model and spec list detailing which models corresponding to which chassis numbers had them as standard.

I'd take it back and complain.

Well chaps thank you for all your input. I got a pass in the end.

I've ended up with two certificates - one on the Monday stating Fail due to no ARB and one on the Tuesday stating pass with no mention of the ARB. I'm not sure what has gone on the computer?

I had already put forward on the Monday that not all Defenders had them fitted - they were concerend about getting pulled by the ministry for it though. It was kind of left at that and then when I went back on Tuesday a pass was waiting for me.

I guess its complicated by the fact that if it was a car, say a BMW, then every single model of that car would have an ARB fitted. Whereas the fact that that isn't the case on Landy's means there is a bit of variation and thus interpretation to be done.

The good news though is a meticulous tester went through my vehicle and found nothing wrong :)