suspension set up

Hello all

Right, Ive got a hardtop 90, cage, winches, lockers etc. Ive also now got saggy OME plus 2" springs and shocks, Only done 12000K, no towing and they are a little bit wobbly and saggy!!!! :huh: Cant get owt outa the warranty so new ones are needed. Im thinking of upping at least the rear to Gwyn Lewis Challenge kit?? Purely to improve stabillity and balance (Ive got lockers so it ent gonna be for traction!). I do JST challenge series and having a hard top with limited travel seems to be a bit unballanced?? I could go for plus 2" OME with dropper brackets, relocation cones etc? Is it worth doing anything with the front? I wont be fitting castor correction, dont wanna go silly and wont be fitting scorpian stuff!

So any thoughts, experience or comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Ben

I have just bought most some of gwyns front challenge turrets, rear shock mounts, and front and rear retainers (ive already got some relocation cones) and they arrived yesterday. to go with it i have got rough country +5" shocks and extra long brake hoses from David at Llama 4x4, im planning on fitting them on thurs afternoon and friday. once they are fitted i'll take some pictures for you and let you know what i think.

HTH

Tris

it'll be the dampers that are saggy/soft/worn out, my 110 has O.M.E springs & dampers, I replaced the dampers last year as they were just over 10 years old & 2 were leaking & soft, a full set of new dampers [O.M.E] resroted my previous good ride

Ben - whats the budget togive an idea of what to go for etc. i wouls go for OME if money isint the issue yours is the first i have heard of with premature failure

i have G.Lewis rear trailing arms, paddocks -2" top mounts and relocation cones and +2" Procomps on the rear with D4x4 OME wound springs. when the shocks go i will go to OME +2" HD.

front is running D4x4 OME wound springs with OME std length HD shocks with paddocks tubular -2" top mounts - easier to clean it too!

D Llama4x4 +2" stainless pipes alround

setup works well for mine but you prob want something a little more HD on the rear with a hardtop.

Quite a few run the paddocks blue HD alround - with good results - they are a good comprimise and cheap spring although i found them too hard on my hard top.

i am running a set of +2" scorpion springs (they came up at the right price) and the shocks worked out at roughly £36 each buy the time a forum discount is added in, i'll let u know how they perform once they are fitted. i have heard that they are alot better than procomps though.

Tris

Thanks for the imput guys! James I think OME will be the way forward,just a bit loath to with my current spring issues!! Did speak to Simon at Xeng today, really helpful and had some sound advice. So has anyone had experience or got the Xsprings etc? Could be the other route to take??