Electric v Hydraulic Winch - Main Points to Consider

I would just like to set out my understanding of the main relative merits of hydraulic and electric winches, in big handfuls:

Pulling power - no difference, you get the one you need

Ease of use - electric dependent on battery capacity, hydraulic dependent on engine operation, hydraulic slower line speed

Price - electric cheaper, especially if you already have a dual battery system

Ease of installation - electric somewhat easier

Ease maintenance - eletric easier

Waterproofing - hydraulic a bit better

My use will be for greenlaning and light expeditions in a pretty standard 300TDi , not competitions

Is there any main factor i have missed out ?

Is an electric winch really as much of a no-brainer for my needs as it appears ?

All advice gratefully received

Richard

Pulling power - no difference, you get the one you need

Yes, big difference .............. hydraulic is generally more powerful and will pull at its rated max all day long if you need to

Ease of use - electric dependent on battery capacity, hydraulic dependent on engine operation, hydraulic slower line speed

No ........... hydraulic is faster at full load and respool if you are prepared to invest in a proper job.......

Price - electric cheaper, especially if you already have a dual battery system

Yes.......... but it can be expensive if you want the best, like the Gigglepin conversions ....... then you are in Hydro money

Ease of installation - electric somewhat easier

Yes, much easier ............. and less messy.....

Ease maintenance - eletric easier

No not really, hydro winchs tend to require much less maintenance ............. that why commercial outfits use them.

Waterproofing - hydraulic a bit better

not a lot different, but less in the hydro to go wrong. The new Bowyer TDS winches are very waterproof.

My use will be for greenlaning and light expeditions in a pretty standard 300TDi , not competitions

Is there any main factor i have missed out ? no, not really

Is an electric winch really as much of a no-brainer for my needs as it appears ? Yes.......I would strongly suggest the Goodwinch TDS.