Nato hook on a 2008 defener 90

I want to use a nato hook on a 2008 90 defender and wondered what the best way of doing it was?

1. Does a dixon bate adj bracket allow the hook to be high enough?

2. Are the 4 pre threaded holes in the centre of the rear crossmember mean't for a nato hook (if not what are they actually for)?

I plan to use the hook for a sankey trailer and would like it to sit level when towing.

Thanks in advance

Surely a ring hitch is for commercial use only? So what use would a NATO hitch be to you apart rom a good recovery aid?

The sankey trailer comes with the ring hitch... hat's why I need to use a nato hook

MOD Defenders here all have the genuine parts (made by Dixon Bate) sliding drop plate kit.

Regarding 2) yes they are meant for a NATO pattern mounting, if fitting direct to the crossmember on a new (post 99MY) Defender you will need the fitting kit which consists of a bit of plate, a bit of angle and a fist full of bolts - available from any LR dealer. I had mine fitted like that before I bought the Southdown guard.

OK, dixon bate adj it is... I see I have a choice of 3 models

part no 202090 with 200mm of travel

part no 202901 with 150mm of travel

part no 202092 with 100mm of travel

which is the best one to use (asuming I want to get the nato hitch as high as possible to allow for a level connection to the trailer??

Thanks guys