Converting my V8 to 200tdi

Please help everyone

I'm already 1 day into 110 ownership and I've gone from a decent road going 110 CSW that was hand painted blue, so it did need a good fettling.

What I really want to do is fit a 200 tdi in it's place.

I know I'll have to fabricate engine mounts which is no problem, however what can I re-use:

Can I keep my transfer box?, therefore keep the props and everything else the same.

How much would I be looking at for a defender gearbox?

Also I'll be looking at dropping in a disco 200tdi as they seem cheap enough to buy complete with disco attached.

Re the wiring, has anyone done a write up of the procedure that I can look over.

Any help would be greatfully recieved!

Cheers

Andi K

Drop the disco engine gearbox and transfer box in.......!!!

The mounts are all there for you, you'll need the disco transferbox crossmember too and cut small chunks out of it, all the bolt holes are already there for it, and the engine mounts need drilled out and the angle changed unless you just cut em out and weld the disco ones in the same place, props will fit too.... Only other thing is dropping the radiator mounts a little oh, and building the tunnel....

Me and a friend done this in a day start to finish, thats both engines out and 200 fitted...

just drained the tank and filled with diesel left the V8 pump and filter there for a while but eventually removed

On the wiring keep you V8 harrness as they no longer make them so unplug it off the bulk head as someone will need one.

then go to a dealer and buy a tdi wiring harness (my last one was £30) and just plug it into the bulk head then connect the other end to the engine and no need to bodge up the wiring.

Guest WALFY
Drop the disco engine gearbox and transfer box in.......!!!

The mounts are all there for you, you'll need the disco transferbox crossmember too and cut small chunks out of it, all the bolt holes are already there for it, and the engine mounts need drilled out and the angle changed unless you just cut em out and weld the disco ones in the same place, props will fit too.... Only other thing is dropping the radiator mounts a little oh, and building the tunnel....

Me and a friend done this in a day start to finish, thats both engines out and 200 fitted...

just drained the tank and filled with diesel left the V8 pump and filter there for a while but eventually removed

The engine will fit nicely if you spend a bit of time doing the pipework. The gearbox won't!!! The gear lever will sit to far back and appear in the seatbox area so you'll need to rework that or buy a Def g/box. JST has done a good indepth write up of his work. Very comprehensive script and pics. I was going to but kept forgetting to take pics :( .