Microcat 2008 and rave

td5_2004

RAVE was replaced with Microcat several years ago, so good luck with finding a 2008 copy of Rave. :P

The best place that I can suggest to find this information is to drop in at Green-Oval to download what is avail today in the interent.

You would be hard pressed to find anybody to give you a copy of any of the more recent versions of Microcat as the cd's are imbedded with serial numbers.

Todd.

Guest diesel_jim

Rave and microcat are 2 different things....

rave is the "workshop manual" and accessory fitting instructions

microcat is the parts catalogue, and the hacks for the early versions also work with the latest ones too. nothing embedded.

Td5_2004... reply to your PM sent re: 2008 MC

Rave and microcat are 2 different things....

rave is the "workshop manual" and accessory fitting instructions

microcat is the parts catalogue, and the hacks for the early versions also work with the latest ones too. nothing embedded.

Td5_2004... reply to your PM sent re: 2008 MC

Too early in the morning Jim, thanks for the clarification. Another coffee with sort it out. ;)

You are right the old hacks work perfectly fine, but the point I was making is that if you look in the CD info, you'll see that the cd is embedded with it's own serial number.

Todd.

obviously keen to see who is not abiding by thier licencing :)

a CD image may well have a serial no in it, often comes from the writing software, do you mean the installer has a serial number, I haven't had a look at that.....

I will have some spare time, so maybe a quick weekend job to poke around then.

• 1 month later...

Try most popular P2P software like DC++ or uTorrent.

Land Rover Microcat 02.2008 should be there available for download.

I managed to get a copy from there, however:

I had a few problems with that particular copy.

1. Does not work with Vista 64 bit

2. Does not work with Xp. (couldn't get it up on running on mine)

the error massage is "OLE Automation server cannot crerate object". Dont know what can cause that error or why I have that message poping up.

It may well be that my xp is in fault and it will run on yours.

3. The "Dset" file is set to be 201701 however this version is working only when you change the clock in your computer to 02 2008.

I would imagine that if somone could change "Microcat starter" to date 022008 then it should work fine.

With VISTA 32- bit this copy is working with no problems. You have to change the date but after that it works just fine.

Please if there is anyone who can say something more or provide some tips please do so.

I am sure we will all appreciate that a lot ;)

Some educated guesses

1) not a big surprise. There are some drivers and registry stuff in there, there are loads of gotchas when developing for 64 bit windows which means it's easy for it to fail.

2) Sounds like a possible bad install, an activex control is not registered at a guess. Though may be failing due to auto install of sp3 to XP recently.

3) Ahhh, looks like they have messed about to stop the auto date setting working. I'll have a look when I get a decent net connection again and see if I can find another auto setting file. I'll also get a second version that will jump to a user specified date.

Look up vmware... if you have a spare copy of windows 98, windows 2000, etc... you can install that inside vmware and run the older operating system within vista/xp. It's free too :D

Saves messing up your vista pc, particularly with older software installing dodgy / old dll's.

With VISTA 32- bit this copy is working with no problems. You have to change the date but after that it works just fine.

If you use vmware, the date change won't affect your pc, only the operating system running inside vmware.

If I were you, I'd create a batch file that sets the date, then launches microcat and hey presto, one click does it all ;)

• 4 weeks later...
Try most popular P2P software like DC++ or uTorrent.

Land Rover Microcat 02.2008 should be there available for download.

I managed to get a copy from there, however:

I had a few problems with that particular copy.

the error massage is "OLE Automation server cannot crerate object". Dont know what can cause that error or why I have that message poping up.

It may well be that my xp is in fault and it will run on yours.

3. The "Dset" file is set to be 201701 however this version is working only when you change the clock in your computer to 02 2008.

I would imagine that if somone could change "Microcat starter" to date 022008 then it should work fine.

Please if there is anyone who can say something more or provide some tips please do so.

I am sure we will all appreciate that a lot ;)

I ve manage to sort my problem with xp by cliking on file "RegisterThinClient" in "MCLRE" folder.

Before hitting "mclre.exe" I tryed to hit "RegisterThinClient" and it worked.

Dont know what this file actually does but it fixed my problem and program started with no dramas.

Forgot to mention that this copy which I ve manage to get form net does not contain install file at all.

Someone just copy and paste data and program files and to make it work you have to use burned dvd with those files or d-tool ( any virtual drive)

a bit silly however simple and efficient ;)