TEAM BONDING DAY

Guest WALFY

Guest WALFY

I was offered a days team bonding yesterday. I took up the challenge with gusto. Get out in the countryside, "Do a bit of bush clearance then we can have a bit of a drive around" was the sales tactic.

Well I duly turned up at the predesignated meeting point and met the other bonders. Went for a short drive, had a brief and we were then despatched into a track that hadn't been walked let alone driven for at least 50 yrs. We split into 2 groups, 1 to start at each end. Unfortuanately my group had to build a bridge over a small stream to get on top of the hill to be able to get to the point where we could start the brush clearance. After what seemed like an eternity we managed to break through. We then had to prove the route. All the cars went over the bridge and followed the predesignated route. Only to be stuck on a "small" tree stump. After a small time we decided to bypass the route and just drive over the bank. Then we actualy started to drive the track we'd spent the last couple of hours clearing. The lane was a bit soft after being covered for so long so we ended up winching both trucks DOWNHILL. That was a first for me. But we made it in the end.

So if anyone on here offers another team bonding day Think very hard before you part with your hard earnt cash and time and attend ;);)

A great day out and reccommend to all :P:P:P . If you want to enter primary jungle for the day to work then come along. If you are carrying a few extra pounds and wish to lose them then this is also a good day for you. Believe me you will lose them

Guest WALFY

No. He was conspicuous by his absence. I'm glad really because we didn't have trees big enough to get the LardCruiser over the gap :o .

Guest WALFY

We were to busy working to be faffing around with cameras. Tis true a winch rope did break, not surprising. It's first use in 3yrs apperently :P . But the Tyre Black stuff did a good job of keeping them clean. A couple of double line pulls had it all sorted. Again first time thr front winch has been used in some time. There was actualy a pound note trapped in the lower layers of the winch rope :P

I felt the swamp with the two little drainage swamps either side of it being described as a track by the organisers of this fun filled day out was a tad inaccurate. The task of making 42 tonnes of tree disappear without filling up the sides of the track was also quite difficult...

I don't think that tree stump will be going anywhere soon either.

was Puggers there?

Yeah, ummm. didn't want to add swamp infested malaria to a nasty chest infection

We wouldn't have needed a winch to get the Cruiser down hill- nothing stops 38tonnes of finest japanese metal!