Tie Bar bush (front Suspension)

Hi.

Just on a total rebuild :rolleyes: of a 84 '90', new chassis and complete rebuilt V8 :P engine, I have come across a problem which not many dealers can help, which I find very surprising! I am after the bush (Part number) for the cross rod mounting bracket, the bush is for the bottom hole which has the tie bar pushed though and bolted up, which is just above where the panard rod is bolted to the bracket. hope anyone can help, as I am about to pull my hair out, what is left.

Cheers

John

Not exactly sure which part you are meaning, where the panhard bar attaches, above that the steering box brace attaches, but there is no bush in that hole, it is a loose fit, if that is the one you mean.

post-10277-1216935869_thumb.jpg

There's not supposed to be a bush in there. You clamp the cast iron arm to the steering box and tighten the nut up last. It has to be like that so there is no stress on the bottom of the steering box while keeping it held rigidly. If you tighten that nut first and then the steering box ones - the bracket will break at some point.

Les.

There's not supposed to be a bush in there. You clamp the cast iron arm to the steering box and tighten the nut up last. It has to be like that so there is no stress on the bottom of the steering box while keeping it held rigidly. If you tighten that nut first and then the steering box ones - the bracket will break at some point.

Les.

Hi Les.

Thanks for the info, could not remember removing a bush from the bracket, just thought there was something missing...... that's how I have it fitted at the moment. Just getting to know Land rover, first one for me and total rebuild in progress. New chassis in place and V8 in place, axels are all fitted with 40mm lift, so just going around sorting all the other bits and bobs now. Thanks again for all comments.

John