disco engine

waldini

Guest WALFY

Silly question. Is it the same engine that you took out? A mate blew a LT77 on a Disco engine and got hold of a good second hand box. That also came off the back of a Disco 200tdi as well. BUT they didn't match. The output shaft didn't match the spigot bearing by 3.5mm. :(

reading your other post and it stating you've got ten mil left i would say that you would probably need to be rotating the crank a touch (27mm if memory is right) either way, wont matter as you wont need to move it much at all! input splines on gearbox wont be lining up with splines on clutch hub.

or as above even 1or 2 mil of centre will make a difference

andy

If you really only have 10mm left to go, then the shaft is through the splines and the input gear nose is in the spigot bearing (it sits in it about 15-20mm). It very common for the last small amount to be pulled in by the nuts and bolts that hold the bellhousing to the engine. The bellhousing/flywheel housing join is usually quite a tight fit.

Les.

thanks guys yes same engine. and clutch is lined up spot on. i was thinking it was last bit into spigot bearing. will let you know how i get on in morning

The spigot bearing hasnt collapsed, or broken has it.