06 Defender oil filter

I am planning on doing my first oil change on a 2006 Defender 90 with a TDi engine. I could not find a reference number for the filter in the Operators Manual. I just crawled underneath the LR for a look, and the only numbers I can read off the existing filter are F665E and on the other side it says "ERR" But trying to cross reference those on the internet I get no hits.

Can one of you guys please give me some manufacturer and filter number? I can probably find an equivalent filter here but need a place to start.

Thanks

ERR is the first 3 digits of the LR part number. the others should be 3340

ERR3340 Oil filter 300Tdi.

thank you kind sir. I can only see the ERR part, the rest is gone. I won't be able to get a genuine LR filter here, do you know of any other manufacturer's equivalents? Fram, or NAPA, for example?

Fram would be worth a look but I don't have any cross reference info here. Coopers do a filter that will fit too.

I found a Cooper number (Z1159), and a Ryco (Z89A) but the Cooper photo shows a short filter. This 300 TDi has a longer filter. Does size matter?

Just checked our stock and Z1159 is the Cooper oil filter. It is the same physical size as the standard Genuine ERR3340 filter so either the photo you have seen is wrong, or the filter fitted to your vehicle is wrong (there is an older filter which I think used to fit 2.5 engines, which has a longer body, maybe one of those has been fitted, I forget the part number).

Pics of both Genuine and Cooper below, from a quick Google search

post-33-1217604402.jpg

post-33-1217604413.jpg

Just checked our stock and Z1159 is the Cooper oil filter. It is the same physical size as the standard Genuine ERR3340 filter so either the photo you have seen is wrong, or the filter fitted to your vehicle is wrong (there is an older filter which I think used to fit 2.5 engines, which has a longer body, maybe one of those has been fitted, I forget the part number).

Pics of both Genuine and Cooper below, from a quick Google search

thanks. That's entirely believable. Some of the construction companies down here in the islands use Defenders as company vehicles, all of them older than mine. I suspect probably the one and only oil change this vehicle ever had was by the local 'dealer' and they would have used whatever they had in stock. Which could well have been supplies for the older vehicles.

What's the Outlaw Biker chassis welding thing??

Just a cheap dig at somebody who was making unfounded allegations at this website, don't worry about it ;)

Ah..I see. Caught my interest....back in my foolish youth I fell in with a motorcycle gang...and learned how to grind, weld, regrind and stamp numbers....purely academic on my part....