Cheapest way to cut scrap up

sotal

I used a big grinder and about £20's worth of discs.

Any cheaper way to do it?

It was a 9" Grinder I used last time but as I said it used about £20's worth of discs and only got about £20 for the scrap.
The 9" grinder is your friend :)

Mo

As stated I was after cheaper alternatives to the Grinder!

I've got myself an electric hacksaw/reciprocating saw - only cheap but I'll see how it does

if you're getting through £20 worth of discs for £20 scrap then you're doing it wrong methink. i've used the same disc for my last £200 loads...........

To be fair it was a SUnday and I did have to go to B&Q for the discs so they were expensive.

What type where you using - these were really thin and dissapeared as quick as you could use them.

It was also a year ago or so, so scrap wasn't worth as much!

Full size oxy bottles even with rental charge are cheep, propane will last ages, poss do 3 to 4 oxy to 1 propane, burning gear is not to dear, second hand option but make shure all arresters work and pipes are not perrished,

Carl.

Using Propane you should get nearer 20 oxy out of a propane assuming you mean size W oxy (tall 5ft ish bottle) and a full size propoane (47kg), aceyltene ((size F or H)3 1/2 to 4ft tall stubby things!), is nearer your 3/4 bottles of oxy

they are the job, for chopping up scrap!

Grinders etc are limited to the depth they can cut to and also restrict when getting into the likes of webbing and all that, Scrap yards will take it in large lumps just at a slightly reduced rate to compensate for the cutting up they have to do, if oxy / propane was the way to do it im sure you'd see them using angle grinders but you dont do you????

I would dream of letting someone come collect any scrpa i had for nothing knowing what its worth at the moment!