genuine 200tdi retrofits

ibexman

This is probably one for Ralph going to see a supposedly 200 tdi genuine Lr retrofit conversion were there any special engine numbers for these its a disco type turbo under manifold engine , how can you tell which year it was produced ,you can tell on defender mill from turbo??

My 200Tdi retro-fit engine [Number 11L00777A] was a specific kit for converting a 2.5TD to 200Tdi.

LR also had kits to convert 2.5n\a Diesel & 2.5 petrol 90/110's to 200Tdi all these new engines were the Defender high mounted turbo type, non as far as I know were of the Discovery type.

My kits part number was STC939D

the other leaflet [LR brochure number STC1004/92/2M] I have was a double page foldout which has details of before & after performance info for the 2 other models mentioned above.

also retro fit engines have Yellow oil filler caps, whereas all factory fitted ones I've seen have Green oil filler caps.

All Defender 200's should start 11L*****A as per my engine number above

All Discovery 200's should start 12L*****A

hope that helps

200Tdi retro fit info.pdf